Referral a Patient
Thank you for choosing UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital, Pediatric Surgery. We are available to meet with you and your child for a surgical consultation during office hours. During this consultation, we will examine your child, review relevant radiologic studies, discuss surgical options, and answer any questions you may have. Together, we will develop an individualized plan to meet the needs of your child.
We have greatly increased our telehealth capacities. Telehealth visits may be a good option for our patients and their families who live far away and do not require an in-person examination. Telehealth visits may also be a good option as an initial consultation.
The following referral document can be used for Outpatient referrals to any of our clinic locations.
For help with admissions, transfers, urgent speciality advice, and outpatient specialty referrals, please contact 1-877-UC-CHILD.
What to bring to your appointment
It is important that you bring the following:
- A CD or flash drive with all your medical imaging studies that were done at an outside facility (X-Ray, Ultrasound, CT scan, MRI with the dictated report).
- Speak to your team about how to upload these in advance.
- A list of your child's current medications and the dosages your child is taking.
- The name, address and telephone number of your primary care provider and physician who referred your child if they are different.
- Your child's health insurance card and co-pay if applicable.
- Any additional documents you were asked to bring with you.
- The adult bringing in the child must have a photo ID.