Research Mentor shown in
. Resident(s) shown in .
Data provided by UCSF Profiles
, powered by CTSI
- Polites SF, Moody S, Williams RF, Kayton ML, Alberto EC, Burd RS, Schroeppel TJ, Baerg JE, Munoz A, Rothstein WB, Boomer LA, Campion EM, Robinson C, Nygaard RM, Richardson CJ, Garcia DI, Streck CJ, Gaffley M, Petty JK, Greenwell C, Pandya S, Waters AM, Russell RT, Yorkgitis BK, Mull J, Pence J, Santore MT, MacArthur T, Klinkner DB, Safford SD, Trevilian T, Vogel AM, Cunningham M, Black C, Rea J, Spurrier RG, View in PubMed, Farr BJ, Mooney DP, Ketha B, Dassinger MS, Goldenberg-Sandau A, Roman JS, Jenkins TM, Falcone RA. Timing and volume of crystalloid and blood products in pediatric trauma: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter prospective observational study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2020 Jul; 89(1):36-42.
- Godat LN, View in PubMed, . Patient-centered outcomes research and the injured patient: a summary of application. Trauma Surg Acute Care Open. 2020; 5(1):e000422.
- McLaughlin, C.M., Jensen, A.R. & Upperman, J.S.. Cervical Spine Clearance in the Pediatric Trauma Patient. Curr Treat Options Peds. 2019; (5):483-493. View in PubMed
- View in PubMed, McLaughlin C, Subacius H, McAuliff K, Nathens AB, Wong C, Meeker D, Burd RS, Ford HR, Upperman JS. Simulation-based training is associated with lower risk-adjusted mortality in ACS pediatric TQIP centers. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019 10; 87(4):841-848.
- McLaughlin CM, Barin EN, Fenlon M, Azen C, Deakers TW, Stein JE, Bliss DW, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Symptomatic catheter-associated thrombosis in pediatric trauma patients: Choose your access wisely. Surgery. 2019 12; 166(6):1117-1121.
- Durand MB, McLaughlin CM, Imagawa KK, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Identifying Targets to Improve Coding of Child Physical Abuse at a Pediatric Trauma Center. J Trauma Nurs. 2019 Sep/Oct; 26(5):239-242.
- View in PubMed, Bullaro F, Falcone RA, Daugherty M, Young LC, McLaughlin C, Park C, Lane C, Prince JM, Scherzer DJ, Maa T, Dunn J, Wining L, Hess J, Santos MC, O'Neill J, Katz E, O'Bosky K, Young T, Christison-Lagay E, Ahmed O, Burd RS, Auerbach M. EAST multicenter trial of simulation-based team training for pediatric trauma: Resuscitation task completion is highly variable during simulated traumatic brain injury resuscitation. Am J Surg. 2020 06; 219(6):1057-1064.
- McLaughlin CM, Barry WE, Barin EN, Mert M, Lowery C, Upperman JS, View in PubMed, Arbogast H. Interactive Education is Associated With Lower Incidence of Pedestrian-Related Injury in Children. J Surg Res. 2019 12; 244:57-62.
- McLaughlin C, Park C, Lane CJ, Mack WJ, Bliss D, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Parenteral Nutrition Prolongs Hospital Stay in Children with Nonoperative Blunt Pancreatic Injury: A Propensity Score Weighted Analysis. J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Jun 28.
- McLaughlin C, Barry W, Barin E, Kysh L, Auerbach MA, Upperman JS, Burd RS, View in PubMed. Multidisciplinary Simulation-Based Team Training for Trauma Resuscitation: A Scoping Review. J Surg Educ. 2019 Nov - Dec; 76(6):1669-1680.
- Barry WE, Castle SL, Golden J, Rosenberg DM, View in PubMed, Bliss D. Laparotomy complications on extracorporeal life support: Surgical site bleeding does not increase mortality. J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Sep; 54(9):1736-1739.
- Isani MA, Jackson J, Barry WE, Mallicote MU, Rosenberg D, Stein JE, View in PubMed, Kim ES. Non-Operative Management is More Cost-Effective than Immediate Operation in Perforated Appendicitis Patients with Seven or More Days of Symptoms. J Surg Res. 2019 08; 240:70-79.
- McLaughlin C, Darcy D, Park C, Lane CJ, Mack WJ, Bliss DW, Bhalla A, Upperman JS, Nathens AB, Burd RS, View in PubMed. Timing of tracheostomy placement among children with severe traumatic brain injury: A propensity-matched analysis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019 10; 87(4):818-826.
- Barry WE, Barin E, McLaughlin CM, Strumwasser A, Shekherdimian S, Arbogast H, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Pediatric firearm injuries in Los Angeles County: Younger children are more likely to be the victims of unintentional firearm injury. J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Feb; 54(2):350-353.
- McLaughlin CM, Wieck MM, Barin EN, Rake A, Burke RV, Roesly HB, Young LC, Chang TP, Cleek EA, Morton I, Goodhue CJ, Burd RS, Ford HR, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Impact of simulation-based training on perceived provider confidence in acute multidisciplinary pediatric trauma resuscitation. Pediatr Surg Int. 2018 Dec; 34(12):1353-1362.
- Barry WE, Barin EN, Marshall LC, Doherty M, Nguyen E, McLaughlin C, Kaplan L, Stein JE, View in PubMed. Preoperative Educational Intervention Decreases Unplanned Gastrostomy-Related Health Care Utilization. Am Surg. 2018 Oct 01; 84(10):1555-1559.
- Zagory JA, McLaughlin C, Mallicote M, Arbogast H, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Retrospective Cohort Comparison of Fall Height in Children in the Greater Los Angeles Area: Targeting Populations for Injury Prevention. J Community Health. 2018 10; 43(5):986-992.
- Barin EN, McLaughlin CM, Farag MW, View in PubMed, Upperman JS, Arbogast H. Heads Up, Phones Down: A Pedestrian Safety Intervention on Distracted Crosswalk Behavior. J Community Health. 2018 08; 43(4):810-815.
- Golden J, Linden A, Morse M, Rouzier V, View in PubMed, Romain JL, Han P, Bitar M, Bitar J, Stein J, Farmer P, Ford HR. Delivery of Advanced Pediatric Surgical Care as a Model for Health Equity, Education, and Development: The First Separation of Conjoined Twins in Haiti. Letters in Health and Biological Sciences. 2018; 1(4):33-37.
- de Roulet A, Burke RV, Lim J, Papillon S, Bliss DW, Ford HR, Upperman JS, Inaba K, View in PubMed. Pediatric trauma-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: Incidence, risk factors, and outcomes. J Pediatr Surg. 2019 Jul; 54(7):1405-1410.
- View in PubMed, McLaughlin C, Wong CF, McAuliff K, Nathens AB, Barin E, Meeker D, Ford HR, Burd RS, Upperman JS. Simulation-based training for trauma resuscitation among ACS TQIP-Pediatric centers: Understanding prevalence of use, associated center characteristics, training factors, and implementation barriers. Am J Surg. 2019 01; 217(1):180-185.
- Wieck MM, McLaughlin C, Chang TP, Rake A, Park C, Lane C, Burke RV, Young LC, Cleek EA, Morton I, Goodhue CJ, Burd RS, Ford HR, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Self-assessment of team performance using T-NOTECHS in simulated pediatric trauma resuscitation is not consistent with expert assessment. Am J Surg. 2018 09; 216(3):630-635.
- McLaughlin C, Zagory JA, Fenlon M, Park C, Lane CJ, Meeker D, Burd RS, Ford HR, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Timing of mortality in pediatric trauma patients: A National Trauma Data Bank analysis. J Pediatr Surg. 2018 Feb; 53(2):344-351.
- Phitayakorn R, Salles A, Falcone JL, View in PubMed, Steinemann S, Torbeck L. A needs assessment of education research topics among surgical educators in the United States. Am J Surg. 2017 Feb; 213(2):346-352.
- Zagory JA, Dossa A, Golden J, View in PubMed, Goodhue CJ, Upperman JS, Gayer CP. Re-evaluation of liver transaminase cutoff for CT after pediatric blunt abdominal trauma. Pediatr Surg Int. 2017 Mar; 33(3):311-316.
- Burke RV, Demeter NE, Goodhue CJ, Roesly H, Rake A, Young LC, Chang TP, Cleek E, Morton I, Upperman JS, View in PubMed. Qualitative assessment of simulation-based training for pediatric trauma resuscitation. Surgery. 2017 05; 161(5):1357-1366.
- Zagory JA, View in PubMed, Burke RV, Upperman JS. Planning for the Pediatric Patient During a Disaster. Current Trauma Reports. 2016; 4(2):216-221.
- Ma M, Garingo A, View in PubMed, Bliss D, Friedlich P. Complication risks associated with lower versus upper extremity peripherally inserted central venous catheters in neonates with gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2015 Apr; 50(4):556-8.
- Pontarelli EM, View in PubMed, Komlofske KM, Bliss DW. Infant head injury in falls and nonaccidental trauma: does injury pattern correlate with mechanism? Pediatr Emerg Care. 2014 Oct; 30(10):677-9.
- View in PubMed, Short SS, Anselmo DM, Torres MB, Frykman PK, Shin CE, Wang K, Nguyen NX. Laparoscopic versus open treatment of congenital duodenal obstruction: multicenter short-term outcomes analysis. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2013 Oct; 23(10):876-80.
- Wright AS, McKenzie J, Tsigonis A, View in PubMed, Figueredo EJ, Kim S, Horvath K. A structured self-directed basic skills curriculum results in improved technical performance in the absence of expert faculty teaching. Surgery. 2012 Jun; 151(6):808-14.
- View in PubMed, Wright AS, Kim S, Horvath KD, Calhoun KE. Educational feedback in the operating room: a gap between resident and faculty perceptions. Am J Surg. 2012 Aug; 204(2):248-55.
- Van Nortwick SS, Lendvay TS, View in PubMed, Wright AS, Horvath KD, Kim S. Methodologies for establishing validity in surgical simulation studies. Surgery. 2010 May; 147(5):622-30.
- View in PubMed, Waldhausen JH, Kim SS. The use of a spring-loaded silo for gastroschisis: impact on practice patterns and outcomes. Arch Surg. 2009 Jun; 144(6):516-9.
- Tatum RP, Jensen A, Langdale LA. Expanding surgical clerkships to remote community sites: the success of the Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho experience. Am J Surg. 2009 Sep; 198(3):436-41. View in PubMed
- View in PubMed, Wright AS, Levy AE, McIntyre LK, Foy HM, Pellegrini CA, Horvath KD, Anastakis DJ. Acquiring basic surgical skills: is a faculty mentor really needed? Am J Surg. 2009 Jan; 197(1):82-8.
- View in PubMed, Goldin AB, Koopmeiners JS, Stevens J, Waldhausen JH, Kim SS. The association of cyclic parenteral nutrition and decreased incidence of cholestatic liver disease in patients with gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2009 Jan; 44(1):183-9.
- View in PubMed, Wright AS, McIntyre LK, Levy AE, Foy HM, Anastakis DJ, Pellegrini CA, Horvath KD. Laboratory-based instruction for skin closure and bowel anastomosis for surgical residents. Arch Surg. 2008 Sep; 143(9):852-8; discussion 858-9.
- View in PubMed, Sinanan MN. Using Simulation-Based Training to Improve Clinical Outcomes: Central Venous Catheter Placement as a Model for Programmed Training. Seminars in Colon and Rectal Surgery. 2008; 2(19):64-67.
- View in PubMed, Klein MB, Ver Halen JP, Wright AS, Horvath KD. Skin flaps and grafts: a primer for the National Technical Skills Curriculum advanced tissue-handling module. J Surg Educ. 2008 May-Jun; 65(3):191-9.
- Farrohki ET, View in PubMed, Brock DM, Cole JK, Mann GN, Pellegrini CA, Horvath KD. Expanding resident conferences while tailoring them to level of training: a longitudinal study. J Surg Educ. 2008 Mar-Apr; 65(2):84-90.
- View in PubMed, Milner R, Achildi O, Gaughan J, Wilhite DB, Grewal H. Effective instruction of vascular anastomosis in the surgical skills laboratory. Am J Surg. 2008 Feb; 195(2):189-94.
- View in PubMed, Wright AS, Lance AR, O'Brien KC, Pratt CD, Anastakis DJ, Pellegrini CA, Horvath KD. The emotional intelligence of surgical residents: a descriptive study. Am J Surg. 2008 Jan; 195(1):5-10.
- View in PubMed, Hughes WB, Grewal H. Secondary abdominal compartment syndrome in children with burns and trauma: a potentially lethal complication. J Burn Care Res. 2006 Mar-Apr; 27(2):242-6.
- View in PubMed, Trankiem CT, Lebovitch S, Grewal H. Gastric outlet obstruction secondary to a large trichobezoar. J Pediatr Surg. 2005 Aug; 40(8):1364-5.
- Arneson M, Jensen A, Grewal H. A Kansas wheat harvest: near-fatal asphyxiation with wheat grains. J Pediatr Surg. 2005 Aug; 40(8):1354-6. View in PubMed
- View in PubMed, Milner R, Gaughan J, Grewal H. An inexpensive ex-vivo porcine laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication training model. JSLS. 2005 Jul-Sep; 9(3):322-7.
- Jensen A, Milner R, Fisher C, Gaughan J, Rolandelli R, Grewal H. Short-term sleep deficits do not adversely affect acquisition of laparoscopic skills in a laboratory setting. Surg Endosc. 2004 Jun; 18(6):948-53. View in PubMed
- Jensen A, Grewal H, Sahr S, Bierbrauer K. Laparoscopy Is Useful for Successful Distal Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Placement in Children with Previous Abdominal Surgery. Pediatric Endosurgery & Innovative Techniques. 2004; 1(8):45-50. View in PubMed
- Jensen A, Le D, Albanese CT. Utilization of a Transsternal Spinal Needle for Retrograde Suture Passage During Thoracoscopic Aortopexy. Pediatric Endosurgery & Innovative Techniques. 2004; 4(8):333-338. View in PubMed
- Jensen A, Grewal H, Dean G, Rezvani I. Pediatric surgical images: mixed gonadal dysgenesis. J Pediatr Surg. 2003 Jun; 38(6):988-9. View in PubMed